wesleylau

wesleylau

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer There were so many good moments in this book that made me want to like the book as a whole more than I eventually did. My enjoyment was definitely affected by the way I read it - whenever I had time, on the train, commuting, right before bed. This disjointed way of reading often cut into the flow of the book as the content was sometimes pages upon pages of connected thoughts, a visible stream of thoughts uninterrupted by punctuation or line breaks. I found that whenever I read these portions completely in one sitting, I took so much more from it and was able to be completely enraptured by the moment.

So many poignant moments. Google "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close quotes" and you'll likely see what I mean. The book was written in different viewpoints and I could have done without some chunks of the book. That and the disconnected way I read the book contributed to an overall average experience with the less enjoyable portions neutralizing the great portions of the book.

Don't know if I would recommend this book, but I can definitely understand that for some or many, there is something great to be taken from it.